Archive for May, 2015
Chicago is a big city with lots of opportunity and amazing character. The Chicago office takes pride in their fun working atmosphere. This group is extremely competitive and consists of some of our top recruiters.
So why Chicago?
1. Chicago is a good place to start almost any career.
2. It is the 11th wealthiest state in the country.
3. Being located in the Midwest means you can hop on a plane and in about two hours be in New York, New Orleans, New England, D.C.
4. Chicago has all of the cultural richness of a major metropolitan city, but is very livable.
5. There are 15 professional sports teams. Need we say more.
Brian Hunter, IT Recruiter, says, “Veredus Chicago is such an untapped market with so much growth potential. After winning the last internal competition, ‘First to 40’, we went downtown to celebrate. Our business development director Kimberly Moore is hands down the easiest and best manager to work for. It’s very motivating to wake up and go to work in the inspiring environment that is Chicago! Not to mention that Chicago is one of the biggest IT markets in the country!”
Last week the Veredus National Recruiting Team volunteered their time at Metropolitan Ministries in Tampa. This charity helps people in the community, who are homeless, helping them to get back on their feet.
The team prepared food for the tenants and the visitors and worked in the store and pantry to sort through donations.
The team of 22 Veredus volunteers dedicated 110 hours and served hundreds of people a warm meal. The work that Metropolitan Ministries does is essential to those in our neighborhood that need food and shelter. Wherever possible, our teams pitch in to support this local initiative to help our community prosper.
1. Ranked in the top 15 for best places for millennials to live and work.
2. The cost of living is cheaper than other cities.
4. There are four pro-sports
5. Dallas has more restaurants per capita than New York City.
“Our culture in the Dallas office is pretty simple; we like to have a fun time at work. We all work together to achieve our individual and team goals. Then we decide the best way to celebrate our achievements. Of course that just leaves us wanting more so it’s back to working hard to hit the next target!” – Lauren Snapp, Dallas Recruiter
Gina Curry is an Account Manager in our Raleigh office and has been with company for nine years and started out in Tampa. Gina has achieved all of her goals for March, then went on maternity leave and had a baby! Way to go out with a bang.
Gina always goes the extra mile. Her clients love her not only for her loyalty and dedication to finding them great candidates, but also for her knowledge of the industry and their organization. She never gives up. I don’t even think those words are in her vocabulary. Gina is an exceptional employee and I am proud to have her here at Veredus, A Hays Company.
Gina’s secrets to success
2. Talk with your candidates frequently to keep them up-to-date on what’s happening with their jobs search. Providing great customer service will retain your clients and consultant’s loyalty.
3. It’s important to keep organized, everything from staying on top of your emails through to managing the different steps of the recruitment process.
One of Gina’s clients said “Gina is a terrific person to work with. I have complete trust in her abilities to understand my business needs and deliver quality candidates to me every time. Gina is a trusted asset for me as I run an IT team and I am very appreciative of her support, positive attitude and great partnership.”
Thanks for your hard work, Gina!
1. Ranked in the top 15 for the best places for business and careers.
2. Offers an exceptionally high quality of life at comparatively low costs.
3. Amazing weather – mild and minimally humid climate.
4. Ranked the #1 city for recent college graduates
5. Veredus has one of their best offices located in the heart of Atlanta.
Katey Merlin, Veredus Compliance Auditor, who relocated to Atlanta 6 months ago said, “The Atlanta office is all about southern hospitality. They welcomed me with opened arms. On my first day it had already felt like I had been working with them for years! They operate as a team and live by the phrase ‘work hard, play hard’.”
Be a part of our winning recruiting team.
Work with the top three account managers in the company.
Taking advantage of our global presence, Joe joined the New York team having relocated from one of our offices in the UK. Having never lived in the US , Joe very quickly built a strong network of construction professionals and key employers, placing his first candidate as a Superintendent on a higher education project in his second month here.
Joe exemplifies our team ethos by hitting and exceeding his goals every month. Joe focuses on how he can better service his clients, whether it’s providing them with top talent or understanding their unique company culture to share hiring advice. Always willing to take on new ideas and always up for a beer, Joe is a crucial member of our team.
“Joe Stewart was exceptional throughout the process. I would not hesitate to reach out to Joe with a referral or for personal advice if the situation warranted.” – Construction professional, NYC
The secret to Joe’s success
2. Providing employers with expert advice really helped build my credibility as an industry recruiter
3. Be resourceful when searching for specific types of candidates. Reach out to your network for referrals – I find good people want to refer great candidates.
4. Pick up the phone! Don’t be afraid to call and talk to employers. It’s one way to make sure your candidates are noticed.
Great work, Joe.
27,500 people and 880 companies participated along with the South Florida office in one of the largest 5K races in the nation.
At the end of the race we joined all of the companies for a gigantic after party. There was fit food, music, giveaways and lots of networking.
We race every year and we look forward to all of the new connections and the bringing together of such a great community.